Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Projects for the week of January 15-21

Although, this past week I did not complete all the goals on my list. I at least accomplished one goal in each area which is a success to me because this past week was not a slow week for me. There were three funerals in the past week which means that there is not much time to do the normal day things for me. So, lets talk about my DIY goals that I completed.

I made homemade hair detangler earlier this week. Supplies needed for homemade hair detangler are:
  • Spray bottle
  • Conditioner
  • Water
You can go to http://jandjnewleaf.blogspot.com/2011/07/homemade-beauty-hair-detangler.html to get the full instructions but it is really simple and I am now using it on my daughter, Emmarsyn's hair.  I just reused one of the spray bottles from the hair detangler that we have used in the past. This is something you really must try it will save you dollars.

I also made homemade jelly this week. Supplies needed  are:
  • 1 bottle or frozen container of fruit juice your choice
  • Sugar
  • 2 boxes of pectin
  • Canning jars
  • Water Bath
You can go to http://www.pickyourown.org/grapejellyfromjuice.htm to get the full instructions to made homemade jelly out of fruit juice. This is something that is also really easy and if you are like me and always have extra fruit juice a great way to use it up. It also saves you money from having to buy jelly and you know exactly what is going in to it. So hopefully there is less preservatives. :)

Well here are my goals for this week January 15-21:

Family/Mothering Goals
  • Read a book each night to the kids
  • Have a family game night
Personal Goals
  • Finish reading Perfect 10
  • Complete Couch to 5k week 2
  • Do yoga every day
Home Management Goals
  • Finish Organizing the Kitchen
  • Start Organizing the Living Room
  • Plan a menu for next week
  • Keep on using the envelope system(cash system for purchases)
Business Goals
  • Finish Decorating for Valentine's Day
  • Work on Ad for Valentine's Day
  • Get tax information together
  • Continue to organize/and rearrage the shop
DIY Goals
  • Make Homemade Cinnamon Rolls and freeze the extra
Well, now that the week is halfway over hopefully I can complete my list or least check off a few. Have a great rest of the week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment